Education Lawyers for Families
Full Service Education Law Representation
The education lawyers of the Law Offices of Nicole Joseph provides full service legal representation and advocacy for Maryland families in education issues, including special education, accommodations, and school discipline. We work with students from pre-k through university. Our lawyers and advocates help students and families secure the services they need in order to succeed in school.
Some examples of the full service education work we do for families and students:
- Participation in IEP AND 504 Plan meetings by education lawyers or parents advocates to get students what they need
- Appealing school decisions
- Securing appropriate school placements or reimbursement for private placements
- Appealing university disciplinary or academic determinations
- Representing private school families with learning plans or discipline issues
Limited Scope Representation (fixed price help with one specific task)
Our education attorneys are available to provide you with just the help you need for an affordable flat fee. This is sometimes called “Limited Scope” or “Unbundled” legal services. “Limited scope” representation may be a good option for you if you are comfortable handling certain aspects of the case by yourself. If you choose Limited Scope services, our education attorneys will carefully review your records and meet with you by Zoom or phone. If you find that you need more comprehensive representation, you have the option to work with us to extend the scope of your representation.
Some examples of the limited scope work our education attorneys do for families and students are:
- Reviewing your education and other relevant records followed by a thorough consultation about your options and the best path toward achieving your goals.
- Reviewing your education and other relevant records followed by a thorough consultation to prepare you for a specific 504, IEP, or disciplinary meeting.
- Preparing documents for you to file (for example, a “State Complaint,” or “IDEA Complaint”)
- Providing guidance about appropriate accommodations in school at the pre-kindergarten through university levels, and on standardized testing.
- Referring you to carefully chosen service providers, including psychologists, educational consultants, tutors, and behavioral consultants.
Our education attorneys and parent advocates serve families throughout Maryland, and we maintain positive working relationships with school district staff across the state. Many of our clients live in Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Howard County, Montgomery County, and Anne Arundel County.